World’s Strangest

Your source for the strangest things around!
Ads

Woman Mistakes Superglue for Eyedrops

It’s a classic but tragic mistake. Irmgard Holm of Phoenix, Arizona has several eye drop medications because of cataract surgery, but what she grabbed was a bottle of superglue.

“The bottles are identical and I am not young anymore, but I am not senile,” says Holm.

She tried washing the adhesive out, but the quick-drying glue did its job and sealed her eye shut. Paramedics and hospital staff had to get it open and wash out her eye before major damage was done.

“They had to cut off the glue substance and it was all hard and in the eye, and I couldn’t even see.”

Her case is not as rare as one would hope.

The Food and Drug Administration will interview Holm later this week, and she hopes her case and the others will put pressure on glue makers to change their bottles’ shape and size.

Link -via Breakfast Links

Post Metadata

Date
October 5th, 2010

Author
Stranger to the World

Category



Leave a Reply